Figuring out how to get the most out of your time available for training is a daunting task. What workouts are the best for a certain race? What is a workout? How much running is enough? How much running is too much? How can I get stronger and fitter but not get injured? If you've ever asked those questions, having a coach will help put your mind at ease, accomplish your running goals, and reach your full potential. Every runner responds differently to training, so while training plans are readily available, what works for one may not for another. Personalized coaching ensures you are doing exactly what you need.
Drawing on current research and the classic training philosophies of Tim Noakes, Jack Daniels and others, Alison combines her knowledge of anatomy and physiology with 12 years of competitive trail running and 8 years of coaching experience to train the whole athlete. She knows first-hand the importance of an effective, communicative coach in staying injury-free and achieving goals. She loves helping her clients turn goals into reality and seeing them accomplish that which they didn't think possible. Alison specializes in coaching runners new to trails, ultrarunning, post-partum moms, and those coming back from injury.
Questions? Email me at alison.naney(at)gmail.com.
Premium Coaching $185/mo. for 3 months, $180/mo. for 6 months, $175/mo for 12 months
- Initial consultation to determine optimal training schedule, goals, etc.
- Long-term/big picture overview of how your training will progress over time
- Baseline testing (aerobic and strength) to determine training intensities, along with periodic re-testing to measure progress
- Individualized strength and running plans with workout descriptions and intensities uploaded to Training Peaks online software.
- Unlimited email and phone communication
athletes also receive:
Meet in person, over the phone, or Skpe to refine your training or get answers to any questions you have. Consults are 60 minutes to give us ample time to discuss nutrition, new workout ideas, how to get more out of your available training time, incorporate strength training to your running, or anything else. Other topics include fueling for performance (avoid the bonk!), mental training, race preparation, local trail routes, gear and shoe questions, and more.
Private coached workouts or consult: $60/hr
Improve technique and training methods with instant feedback during a workout.
- Strength session (in the gym or running)
- Hill, tempo or other coached workout
- Technique refinement
What people say:
Read more here.